Monday, May 6, 2013

FHE: 2nd Article of Faith

BTW, I found some cute, free Article of Faith Printables I don't want to forget about!  I won't bother with them now, since my kids can't read, but might be cute much later...

We sang the 2nd Article of Faith (Children's Songbook p. 122) for an opening song.

We read this story (while the kids ate their treat) from a past Friend article and then I asked the kids questions about the story, to be sure they understood what happened.  (mostly just my 4-year old son answered)  Then I gave made up scenarios asking things like, "what if your little sister hit the baby, and then I punished you (my son) by sending you to your room?"  etc.  And we talked about how that isn't right, and we are all responsible for taking the consequences of our own actions and nobody elses.

Then I asked if anyone knew the story about Adam, and my son told me as much as he knew, and I filled in the gaps.  I told him that some people believe that because Adam, the first man sinned, we are born sinners, but that we do not believe that.  We believe that we are only responsible for our own sins, and if we repent, then Jesus will suffer for them for us.

I also repeated the 2nd article of faith one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment