Monday, May 27, 2013

FHE: 3rd Article of Faith

First I reminded them of what the articles of faith are and then I quickly recited the 1st and 2nd (the ones we had already talked about) pausing before some key parts to see if my kids could fill in the blanks.  Surprisingly, my 4-year old could!

Then I told them we were going to talk about the 3rd article of faith and recited it to them from memory.

I had them watch this movie while we ate our treat and then I asked them questions about it such as "What is spiritual death?", "What is physical death?", "Who paid for our sins? and how?"

Even though they looked riveted watching the movie, they were unable to answer any questions, so we watched it again and I paused the movie after something important was said and would ask them what it just said and maybe explain it a bit more.  This seemed to be more effective than just watching the movie through.  Perhaps I should have asked them the questions before they watched it the first time to give them something to look for?

At the end, I had them repeat after me and recite the 3rd article of faith.

They requested watching another movie.... haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment