Monday, April 29, 2013

FHE: First Article of Faith

I'm going to start talking about the articles of faith when I don't have something else already planned.  I debated having one lesson just talking about where they come from, but I think that will not be interesting or memorable at such a young age, so I'll probably hold off on that until they're older.

We sang the song for the opening hymn, and watched this awesome movie while eating our treat (in our pjs) and then I basically quizzed them about it.  I was impressed that my 4-year-old son remembered who the 3 members of the Godhead were!  They then colored a picture I happened to have on hand (my son asked if I had anything to color) of the first vision- which is kinda related to the Godhead, since one of the things it taught us is that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are separate and have bodies, right?

Maybe I'll try having them repeat the 1st article of faith at dinner every night this week or something...  Perhaps if they memorize it, I'll have a treat reward?

No comments:

Post a Comment