Monday, June 3, 2013

Scripture Spotlight: 1 Ne 15:8-9

I'm noticing a pattern in 1 Ne (and I know I'm not the first).  Something hard happens, Lamen and Lemuel murmur/become stiff-necked/try to kill Nephi, but then are compelled to be humble by a long sermon from Nephi or some kind of miracle (angel visits, the power of God manifest through Nephi).

You'd think after witnessing miracles, there would be no doubting, but that is not enough.  They had not developed the habit of gaining a testimony through "Inquiring of the Lord" and perhaps had not tried to gain personal testimonies, but are riding on those of their father and brother.

We know, eventually, they fall away.

Note to self: help my children and others in my stewardship gain a desire to have a  personal testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment