Monday, June 10, 2013

FHE: Joseph F. Smith

I confess, last Monday we skipped FHE for our yearly neighborhood BBQ....  which is really throwing a wrench in my topic plans (I planned them out for the whole year...) I'm not sure which topic to drop!

Anyway, this month, the inside back cover of the friend's "Portrait of a Prophet" is about Joseph F. Smith.  I used that for the visual, but I didn't really read much from it.  Instead, I read a few blurbs from this, making sure to point out President Smith's relationship to Joseph Smith, talked about his father dying at the same age of my son (4), driving the oxen at age 7, serving several missions- his first at 16, and that he is the first prophet to encourage Family Home Evening!

It was short, but the kids seemed to be listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment