Monday, April 2, 2012

FHE: Easter

I got this idea from here.  Though I've edited their stuff slightly to remove the weird symbols that appear there.

This Easter Egg Hunt/Easter story went over very very well.  My 3-year old loves finding eggs, and after it was over wanted to hide them, find them, and go through the Easter story again. :)

I started out reading the scriptures, but stopped halfway through because they just weren't helpful for my young audience (3 &1yr) and they lost interest listening to them.

I hid an extra egg for each child with a treat in it and we opened those very last and enjoyed our treat :)

Will do this again for sure.

Note:  for the perfume one, I used a tissue instead of a cloth and when we asked my 3 year old what was inside he said "a booger wiper!"  So maybe I should have used fabric...  I made a cross with trimmed toothpicks (so they'd fit in the egg) and thread and that worked pretty well.  I also cut out a fake leaf from felt.  I'm hoping to maybe reuse some of these props year after year.

1 comment:

  1. We did this tonight and it was a hit. I didn't read the scriptures that went along with each egg just because my kids attention span wouldn't have handled it, but I would imagine I could integrate that in, in a few years. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete