Monday, April 16, 2012

FHE: Earthquake Safety

Here is a great handout I found about earthquake safety.  We basically just talked about what an earthquake is/feels like and went over some of the basic safety info in the handout.  We practiced getting under a table/desk, covering and holding on. We also practiced what to do if you woke up in an earthquake and took turns causing "earthquakes" for each other in their sleep so they could practice, which everyone found very fun.  This lesson was much quicker than fire safety, I don't think there is as much to go over, but I feel good that my children are more prepared and they both had fun (even if my 19-mo old was oblivious to what we were really trying to get across...)

Side note: I was thrilled that my 3 year old sond remembered what we talked about last week (fire safety) and remembered what to do if his clothes ever caught on fire. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment