Monday, January 16, 2012

FHE: Reverence

This was one of the first ideas we had because we have a great need for reverence in our family- especially during prayers at home and also during Sacrament meeting on Sundays.

The Activity:
I just printed off a full body picture of my 3-year-old son, and cut it into pieces: eyes, mouth, ear, neck, arms, and legs.  I put them in a bag and let my two kids take turns pulling out a piece.  We talked about what body part it was (even my 1 year old could do this) and then what that body part needs to do to be reverent.  We had fun putting the pieces together on the floor too. You could even tape them up on the wall or something.

This was a great success!  Now we'll see if reverence holds...

Here is my source and another idea as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment