Monday, January 23, 2012

FHE: Prayer

All I did was make a paper-bag puppet, inspired by an idea listed here, though I didn't use their puppet.  All I did was use marker to draw eyes (open), nose and mouth where one would normally draw the inside of a puppet's mouth, and then draw a praying puppet (eyes closed) on the outside.  I drew arms folded as well.  I made sure to make the puppet when my 3-year-old was around so he would ask questions about what I was doing and it led naturally to the discussion.

Now you have a puppet that when it "bows" its head, it's praying. :)

Keep in mind, I'm a LOUSY artist, but little kids don't care and I thought this was a big success.  This also reiterated things from discussing reverence last week.

I also made sure to mention the parts of prayer:
1) Dear Heavenly Father,
2) We thank thee for.....
3) Please bless, or please help with...
4) In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

At night when we say bed-time prayers, we make sure to ask (if my son doesn't want to pray, which is most of the time) what he was thankful for that day and are sure to include it in the prayer.  It's important to practice keeping a straight face :)  We've been thankful for dinosaurs and windows...

No comments:

Post a Comment