Monday, October 23, 2017

FHE: Potter's Clay

I haven't been writing our FHE lessons down probably because I haven't been thinking as much about it.  My kids have started taking turns planning the lessons!  It's fabulous! But I should write down some of their more successful ones.

Tonight, my 4-year-old helped me plan this easy lesson.  We are reading

Isaiah 64:8

But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Discuss what it means-
I expect we'll discuss creation, keeping the commandments, aligning our will to His, etc.
Update: it occurred to me during the lesson that the clay could also be used as a metaphor for trials- We are molded by our experiences, our trials are when clay is put in the fire, and the fire makes the clay steady and strong, like our trials do to us.

Then we are playing "sculptionary" (pictionary with playdough).

[note: variations of this game for different ages: everyone makes the item you pull out, one person makes it and everyone guesses (so no teams), or the traditional way with 2 teams]

These are the words we put in a bag:

Jesus

Sun

Moon

Stars

Earth

Lion

Angel Moroni

Boat

Ten Commandments 

Tree of Life

Iron Rod

Crown of Thorns

Cross

Jesus’s tomb

Bow and Arrow

Liahona

Tent

gold plates

scriptures





No comments:

Post a Comment