Monday, January 27, 2014

FHE: Family Tree

I have a lot of siblings, living all over, and they all have kids, and my husband's family lives across the country.  I thought it would be good to review who are relatives are :)

I first talked about the term "family tree" and I had actually drawn a picture of a tree on a piece of paper.  I had printed out a picture of each relative (and used a circle punch to cut out only their heads, so they would all fit on our "tree" easier) and put them on the table upside-down.  We took turns choosing a head and saying who it was, and I made sure they understood how they were related to us, (ex. this is daddy's sister Kama's husband, Uncle Todd).  They thought it was fun and there were a few people they didn't know.  It was interesting to me to note who they did and didn't know and that also tells me who we need to spend more time with! :)

I probably should have made a sibling tree, because we had to just put siblings and families off to each side of the tree trunk (one side was for my relatives, and the other for my husbands') so probably I would do that next time, so we can also put the siblings in age order.  But this was fine for now.  I'm thinking about turning these pictures into a "go fish" game or a memory matching game of some kind where people are a match when they are in the same family.  That almost works, except a couple families have an odd number of people.  maybe go fish would be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment