Tuesday, September 4, 2012

FHE: Death

My grandmother died recently and so my whole family attended her funeral last week.  I thought this might be a fitting opportunity to talk about death with my children.

I made a paper-bag puppet that kind of looked like "gi-gi" (as we call her) and I made the analogy of my hand being her spirit and the bag being her body which gets left on Earth.  I thought about making a sock puppet for my hand to be the spirit, but I didn't go that far.

We talked a bit about the pre-existence- how we lived with Heavenly Father as spirits there, and then we got our body.  i.e. our spirits "moved into" our bodies and they dwell there now, on Earth.  We talked about how everyone dies and that means our spirit leaves our body to go be with Heavenly Father again.  We reminded them of Easter and Jesus' death and resurrection and mentioned that we will all be resurrected again one day when Christ comes again to the Earth.

My 2-year old really just wanted to try out the puppet, but I think it was good for my 4-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment