Monday, April 7, 2014

FHE: Bearing Each Other's Burdens

I basically copied this lesson making it more of a "be helpful" emphasis, rather than an atonement/sin emphasis.  I made sure to only write burdens my kids could relate to on the cans.  The kids all really wanted to try carrying the burdens upstairs by themselves.  My 3-year old and 5-year old were able to carry all 10 cans by themselves, though quite difficult for the 3-year old.  However, I think they still understood that it's easier if we all help out.

It was fun and a great analogy.  We'll see if I can bring it up during the week to really get it to stick.  I could see doing this again with older kids and making it more about the burden of sin (which I didn't focus on, since young kids can't really sin...)

No comments:

Post a Comment