Monday, March 24, 2014

FHE: Baptism

I decided to try letting my 5-year-old be in charge of FHE tonight.  He looked through the April Friend magazine that we got today and chose pg 7 to talk about.  It's about baptism.  So I told them all about being baptized, and we even practiced getting baptized with daddy in the family room :)  We talked about the symbolism of wearing white, and what promises are made and how it relates to the sacrament.  We also talked about getting the gift of the Holy Ghost and why we want it.

Then, my son said he wanted to make play a memory game.  We made it by printing off this sheet twice, and cutting all the pictures apart.  (you could also just google "lds bingo" and do the same thing with one of those bingo cards.)  My 5 and 3-year olds both really loved it!  I'm sure we'll do it again for an activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment