Monday, October 21, 2013

FHE: Peer Pressure

I basically used the lesson idea from 52 Weeks, but sort of told the story of the pre-existence quickly and we focused most of our time and attention on the daily choices sign game.  Although, I changed some of them a bit, and added a few extras.  They really liked the choices game (it's amazing what having a sign can do to help foster the conversation) and I really enjoyed asking them why they would say what they would say, and helped them think of nice ways of saying "no" in each situation, or why it would be a good idea to say "yes".

This was very successful, I thought, and I was amazed at how long their attention span was for this!  I think I'll try to use this same "Yes or No" answering format for other topics.  I feel like we had a great discussion!  My husband and I decided to move to eating our treat for the last few questions, since we didn't realize how long we would end up spending on this (and the kids needed to get ready for bed.)

Here are the questions we used:
1. You and your friends are playing in your neighborhood. One of your friends 
says, "I see flower pots on your neighbor's porch. Let’s go and pick 
them for our magic potion!" 
2. Before church your friend says, "Let's both tell our parents we need to use 
the bathroom and we’ll meet in the hall and play during sacrament meeting! I 
brought my DS with me." 
3. Your little sister asks if she can share your new toy. 
4. A new girl comes into Primary and is sitting all alone. She gets up and asks 
"Can I sit next to you?" 
5. You and your friend find a dollar in your neighbor’s driveway. He says, 
"Let's keep this and buy candy with it!" 
6. Your friend forgot her snack for school. You're really hungry. She asks if she 
can share yours. 
7. You are playing at your neighbor's house and they offer you coffee (we also discussed tea and what kinds of teas are "ok") to drink. 
Your friend says, "Just drink it this once. It's so good. You're Mom will never 
know." 
8. Your friends are sitting with you on the school bus and see a shy girl sitting 
alone. They tell you to make a mean face at her. 
9. Your teacher asks if you will miss some recess to help a student in class that 
you don't like very much with her homework. 
10. Your sibling tells you to throw food at the dinner table. 
11. Mom asks you for help clearing the dinner table. 
12. Your sibling asks you to sing songs with them to help cheer up the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment