Monday, July 22, 2013

FHE: 5th Article of Faith

I had us all sit in a circle so we'd be ready for the activity portion of the lesson.  (which was a huge challenge for some reason.  The kids were super hyper tonight!)

I started off by reviewing the first four articles of faith.  (I quickly recited them from memory) and then while I recited the 5th article of faith, I had them repeat after me.  Then I went through the words slowly and tried to explain each phrase, or words that they wouldn't know.   We talked a bit about the priesthood, and if they knew any ordinances- giving hints to get them to think of baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost (as mentioned in the 4th article of faith).

I asked them if they knew of anyone who was "called of God" i.e. was God's helper.  My 4-year old said Jesus, and then sort of led him to think of the prophet.  Finally, I said we can all be His helpers and every adult usually has some sort of calling at church, and we told our kids what our callings were.

Then I said, we don't get to choose who is called or what we are called for, God does that, and I taught them how to play "duck, duck, goose" because we take turns getting chosen.

Not sure how much they got out of it- as I mentioned earlier, they were sooooo hyper.  They loved playing duck, duck, goose though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment