Monday, March 12, 2012

FHE: The Prophet

I thought since conference is coming up in a few weeks, it might be good to make sure our kids knew who the prophet is and what a prophet is.

I have a cute "popsicle stick puzzle" my neighbor made at a busy-bag swap where she cut a picture of President Monson into strips and modge podged them onto tongue depressors, and then you can line them up as a sort of puzzle.  Great quiet church activity that fits into a snack bag and doesn't have too many pieces!  BUT, you could always print a picture of the prophet and just cut it up into pieces.

I would ask a question about prophets (who is our prophet now, what does a prophet do, why do we need one, which prophet restored the gospel, can you name any other prophets from the scriptures...) and as we answered them, we put one popsicle stick down to complete the picture.  You might ask "who is our prophet now?" last so you can show them the completed picture.

I think it went pretty well.  My 3-year-old son wanted to put the puzzle together again after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment